CH4, CO2, H2O Microportable Gas Analyser
LGR’s new Microportable Gas Analyser (MGGA) reports measurements of methane, carbon dioxide and water vapor simultaneously in a package that is compact, crushproof and travels anywhere.
As with all LGR instruments, the MGGA is simple to use which makes it ideal for natural gas leak detection and other field studies, compliance monitoring, air quality studies and soil flux studies, and wherever measurements of methane, carbon dioxide and water vapor are needed quickly and sensitively.
In addition, the MGGA reports and stores all measured absorption spectra which allows the instrument to accurately correct for water vapor dilution and absorption line broadening effects and thus to report CH4 and CO2 on a dry mole fraction basis without drying or post processing.
LGR’s “Extended Range” option provides accurate methane measurements at levels up to 1% mole fraction (without dilution) without reducing precision and sensitivity at typical ambient levels - a unique capability to LGR.
Features and Benefits
- 5.8 kg (w/ battery), 35 watts
- Continuous measurements
- CH4 reported at 10 Hz with ppb sensitivity
- Ideal for natural gas leak detection while walking; also, for chamber flux and soil studies, emissions monitoring
- Wide range: ppb to %
- Extended Range option allows CH4 measurements up to 1%
- Species specific - no cross interferences
- Operates directly on DC power
- Extremely fast time response
LGR Analysers have a 12 month parts warranty as standard. This can be extended to 3 or 5 years at additional cost at the time of purchase.
Under normal operation and for the vast majority of applications, LGR Off-axis ICOS gas analysers require the minimum of servicing and maintenance.
One of the many benefits of this technology is long-term unattended reliability in the field.
Annual maintenance would normally include an inspection of the internal pump (or external pump if fitted) and the replacement of the pump diaphragm and valve seals if necessary.
This can be carried out by the user themselves or by ET either on site or back in the ET workshop (for a maintenance quote, please contact us).
ET recommends that LGR Analyser users consider the purchase of a field maintenance kit which includes:
- Replacement solid-state hard-drive with LGR operating system and specific system files pre-loaded, for quick and simple swap-out in the field if ever necessary.
- Pump maintenance kit (internal) to include spare pump diaphragm and valve seals.
- Mirror cleaning kit.
Please contact us if you would like to receive a quote for the field maintenance kit.
Additional maintenance will be required for the LGR Liquid Water Isotope Analyser (LWIA) and Auto-injector unit and also the LGR Dissolved Gas Extraction Unit (DGEU).
For these instruments, please refer to the operation manual supplied with these instruments.